Random Hands-Free Navigation
January 2023 New
May 2023 Updates
Wander is a special feature in TheBrain that allows you to randomly (and automatically) navigate hands-free throughout the entire network of content in the DiscoveryNow library.
Wander Quick Start
- Right-click on the adjacent plex and select "Wander" to begin
- Left-click on the plex to stop wandering
- Note: Each time you wander different content will be randomly displayed
For those who are interested, more detailed information about the wander process is provided below.
How to Wander
Tip: Be sure to enlarge your browser window into FULL view before you begin wandering.
- Right-click on the colored background of the adjacent navigation screen from anywhere within DiscoveryNow. The "Wander" option will be located in a small context menu.
- Note: Your browser may ask for permission to use this feature. However, this access can be limited to your current browsing session, and it will not affect your default browser settings in any other way.
- As soon as you select the "Wander" command, it will activate a hands-free, random preview of all the resources in the DiscoveryNow library.
- When you want to stop wandering, simply left-click on the background of the adjacent screen.
- To return to this page, select "Pins" in the top toolbar, and then select "Wander".
- To return home, simply click on DiscoveryNow (or the colored icon) in the upper left corner of the top toolbar.
Wandering Hints & Tips
- The most interesting and revealing wandering experiences usually occur when you initiate the wander process from any of the more dense content areas in DiscoveryNow ~ for example:
- If you ever find yourself in a small content area where the wander process seems to be circulating through the same few thoughts, simply stop wandering, move to another different area of the library, and then begin wandering again.
- If the wandering process moves beyond a thought you wanted to review, you can access the "Recent Thoughts" list inside the search box.
- Exploring the various display options within the library will also allow you to adjust TheBrain layout to enhance your wandering experience.
Note: When you are wandering, and you encounter thoughts without any icons, these thoughts are placeholders for content that will be coming soon. However, many of these yet-to-be developed thoughts may already be linked in the library network to a variety of existing resources.
- Wandering is a great way to find and explore areas within the library you may have not yet discovered. Best of all, each time you time you begin wandering, you will explore a completely new path through the DiscoveryNow library.
- Wandering can also be helpful when gathering ideas and resources for customizing your own personal approach to neural retraining.
- Perhaps most importantly, wandering can serve as a starting point for reflection, journaling or meditation:
- Simply initiate the wander process from anywhere within DiscoveryNow.
- Then, when you find a topic (or an image or a video) that is especially relevant or appropriate for you right now, you can use it as a focal point for deeper inquiry, reflection, meditation and journaling.