Nonlinear Design: Choose Your Path
The nonlinear design of DiscoveryNow provides a variety of options for following your curiosity and exploring the library resources by using the built-in navigation options available within TheBrain.
I chose this design strategy, instead of providing a linear roadmap or a traditional site map, for several reasons:
- Nonlinear navigation gives you the greatest degree of control and freedom as you explore the library content. As a result, your experience of the library will be completely unique and customized to your own interests because you are free to wander, or choose your own path, through this growing collection of resources.
- For the purposes of neural retraining, nonlinear design also allows you to be more actively engaged with the library content, in contrast to passively consuming pre-packaged, pre-structured information. This engagement will, in turn, enhance your learning experience while reinforcing the vitally important process of neurogenesis that occurs during all processes of learning and discovery.
Perhaps most importantly, I chose this nonlinear, self-directed approach to navigating through DiscoveryNow because this mirrors the way life works:
- Life does not come with a guide book, a road map or a detailed set of instructions.
- Instead, when we come into this world, we are faced with the challenge of learning how to live with ambiguity and embrace uncertainty -- and we must eventually learn to trust our own experience and trust our own authority as we sail into the uncharted waters that lie before us.
In this sense, the choices you make as you explore DiscoveryNow will mirror the choices that will allow you to lay a path in walking through life itself ~ and, in the end, you will find this freedom to choose will stimulate and enrich all your experiences of discovery, insight and transformation.
- HInts & Tips
- Digital Gardens
- How can I use DiscoveryNow?
- Neural Benefits of Using TheBrain
- Why TheBrain Software?